Located in historic New Kent County, Antebellum sits centrally located between Williamsburg and Richmond, Virginia. Our 5800 sq.ft. indoor event space with a large covered patio and charming setting, with room to accommodate weddings, corporate events, or special family celebrations.
Today’s convenient and superbly managed event and tomorrow’s lasting memories start at Cumberland Plantation.
Historic Jasmine Plantation, located in New Kent County, Virginia, was originally patented by George Morris in 1680. Morris was a surveyor and a friend of George Washington. He was also a member of the Virginia House of Burgesses from New Kent County.
The existing house, built in 1750, is located in front of the original Morris home site and was used as a headquarters for Gen. Washington’s Revolutionary Army on Oct. 8th, 1781. Exercises were performed in the front pasture. Two regiments were documented as performing specific exercises from 9:00 to 11:00 AM and from 3:00 to half past 4:00 PM each day. George Washington and the Revolutionary Army proceeded to Yorktown, winning the final battle of the Revolutionary War.
Historic Jasmine Plantation at one time consisted of 1,100 acres, being virtually self-sufficient. It stayed in by the Morris family for more than 100 years, until 1850.
Henry and Matte Brenneman purchased the property in 1918. Matte was an accomplished artist. A mural in the front stairwell, as well as many paintings produced by Matte, adorn the walls of Jasmine.
A passion for fine wine and a lifestyle surrounded by family and good friends is the reality created by Joe and Jo Anna Dombroski at New Kent Winery. Since purchasing the New Kent Winery in September 2014, the entire Dombroski family has been involved in the success of the winery. Youngest son, Jacob, oversees the development of our many varietals as Vice President of Winery Operations. His wife, Lindsay, is in charge of marketing, and their three young children, Berkley Lane, Jacob Coleman, and Talley Grace, bring their smiles and joy each day. Eldest son, Joseph, designed the new label and handles information technology, Jessica tastes and enjoys with her husband, Kevin Keller, and Joshua helps during harvest time.
A scenic winding drive leads travelers to Saudé Creek Vineyards. Prior to the purchase of this land by winery, the acreage belonged to the Eames’ family for hundreds of years. An 18th century cemetery, surrounded by a black iron fence marks the final resting place and early passing of Edward Lee Eames (1871-1873). Saudé Creek’s historic acreage was the site of a colonial tavern named John Frank’s Ordinary, a meeting place for early travelers. Until the creation of Saudé Creek Vineyards, the land was farmed and then lay dormant. Saudé Creek’s goal is to renew and revive the land by growing present day grapevines.
With the purchase of the 100-acre property in 2008, 20 acres of grapes and 1000 apple trees. Grape varietals include Vidal Blanc, Traminette, Viognier, Petit Verdot, Petit Menseng and Chambourcin. Today, visitors to our wine room are offered magnificent views of the vineyard from a tasting room made of 160 year old timbers rescued from tobacco warehouses. Surrounded by lush gardens, the craftsman-style winery has 3,000 square feet of covered porches and a towering stone fireplace whose log fires gently illuminate the interior.