The creation of the Business Excellence Awards is based on the intent to provide an opportunity for residents and fellow organizations to acknowledge and celebrate the top-performing businesses in New Kent County. The categories are:
- At Your Service: This category honors a retail or service business that has significantly contributed to enhancing the reputation of New Kent County through its exceptional service.
- Made in New Kent: This award acknowledges a business that exemplifies product excellence, showcases significant sales growth, and contributes to the local economy with a product manufactured or assembled within New Kent County.
- Workforce Development of the Year: This accolade is bestowed upon an employer who consistently prioritizes workforce development, either through providing employee training or by investing substantial resources in local initiatives that bolster workforce advancement.
- Best Small Business (10 or fewer employees): This category applauds a small-scale business in New Kent County that distinguishes itself through innovative practices, superior products or services, effective marketing strategies, and adept management skills.
- Best Large Business (11 or more employees): This category celebrates a large-scale New Kent County business that stands out for its pioneering spirit, exceptional products or services, smart marketing strategies, and proficient management skills.
- Business Citizen of the Year: This recognition is given to an individual from our business community who has played the role of an exemplary ambassador, making significant contributions to the community.
Excellence in Business Awards: 2017
See the previous winners of the 2017 New Kent Chamber of Commerce Business Awards! Collectively, and through their respective ventures, this assembly of entrepreneurs is not only diligently working towards crafting successful businesses, but they’re also actively contributing to making New Kent County a thriving locale for development and prosperity. Their efforts are truly worthy of celebration and commendation.
FROM LEFT: Brock Ward of Ed Allen’s Campground, Joe and Jo Anna Dombrowski of New Kent Winery, Kate West, New Kent Chamber President, Chuck Ward and Adam Blankenbeckler of Safe & Sound, LLC., Trish Dorsey of Salon 60 and Dr. Kelly Broz and Caroline Lamb of Bay Rivers Veterinary Services. NOT PICTURED: New Kent Gymnastics.